Advanced electrodialysis reversal
Solves EDR’s primary challenge: calcium sulfate fouling of electrodes. We turned EDR from a low TDS desalter into a brine concentrator. A modular, positive seal stack ensures leak free operation.
IonFlux Ion Exchange Membrane
Our durable and resilient IonFlux Ion Exchange Membranes have best-in-class performance and durability. Our membranes are engineered to be resilient to hydrocarbons and organics.
Scale resistant. Self-cleaning.
ElectroChem fluxes dissolved ions through Saltworks' IonFlux Ion Exchange Membrane under a DC electric field with water flowing parallel to the membranes. Self-cleaning via polarity reversal drives scale forming compounds off the membrane surface.
Modular and scalable
ElectroChem is highly modular and based around standardized skids. Build or expand a plant of any capacity. Systems are readily containerized for fast dispatch and remote operation.
Produced Water Desalter
Desalt and recycle produced water. Add value by re-activating chemical flood polymers and increasing viscosity through salinity reduction.
- Water flood enhanced oil recovery (EOR) produced water recycling
- Chemical flood enhanced oil recovery polymer reuse
Acid Recycle System
Recover and purify waste acid for re-use. Reduce chemical costs and waste.
- Recycle spent acids from:
- Acid etching
- Aluminum anodizing and brightening
- Ion exchange resin regeneration waste acid
- Battery acid and electronics
- Steel pickling wastewater
- Recover any acid: HF, HNO3, HCl, H2SO4, organic acids, and more
ElectroChem advanced electrodialysis reversal (EDR) features:
- Intelligent electrode protection blocks calcium fouling, removing the need to acid dose electrolytes or replace electrodes
- Robust design and resilient IonFlux Ion Exchange Membrane
- Treat highly scaling waters including produced waters with hydrocarbons (up to C10)
- Modular skids for ease of expansion and maintenance
- Positive seal stack ensures reliable leak free operation
- Corrosion resistant engineered plastic instrumentation and process wetted components
- Automated controls and intelligent self-cleaning
- Available pre-treatment, post-treatment, chemical dosing, and pH control packages
- Available containerization
- Saltworks' 24/7 Remote Operations Control proactive monitoring and remote control