MINE WATER TREATMENT
We have solved the primary mine water treatment challenge: calcium sulfate scale.
Salt Splitter changes water chemistry from scaling to non-scaling. Achieve 96%+ recovery in a simple, chemical free, mine water treatment membrane system.
ElectroChem Advanced Electrodialysis can selectively remove “pollutants” or recover minerals of interest.
SaltMaker Evaporator Crystallizer can treat highly concentrated mining wastewaters to produce solids for true zero liquid discharge (ZLD).
- Mine runoffs
- Process waters
- Selective recoveries
- Improve yields
- Treat calcium sulfate (gypsum) or other multivalent pair saturated waters
- Treat mine runoff: mineral rock run off (MRR), acid rock drainage (ARD), acid mine drainage (AMD)
- Tailings management: minimal pre-treatment, volume reduction, meet discharge requirements
- Recover value from effluent
- Simple, high recovery membrane system
- Remove conventional scaling limits, no lime softening, extreme brine concentrations
- No temperature sensitivity
- No chemical inputs
- Mobile pilot plants available
View case studies from multiple mining projects treating various wastewaters. ElectroChem Advanced Electrodialysis and Salt Splitter are a safe, reliable, temperature independent solution to treating tailings and mine runoffs without chemicals. Selectively recover minerals of interest and remove pollutants upstream to increase floatation yields while reducing your ponding liability.