Evaporation and crystallization reinvented
We went back to the drawing board to design the most cost effective and reliable evaporator crystallizer on the market. Improvements include corrosion resistant non-stick engineering, intelligent self cleaning operation, modular design, full automation, and reliable continuous solids extraction.
Energy efficient multiple effect design
Produce distillate quality freshwater in our patented multiple effect humidification-dehumidification process that recycles thermal energy as water is concentrated. Evaporate and condense water while re-using the heat of evaporation four times. Use waste heat (60-90°C) or our pre-packaged gas-fired thermal skid.
Modular for easy deployment and expansion
Re-implement 66, 100, or 125 m3/day “blocks” to meet your capacity needs. Each plant is based on modular additions of ISO 40’ containers. Minimal site work for rapid dispatch and assembly. Repeatable, mass produced and quality assured plug-in modules can be inspected and replaced without confined spaces.
Dependable solids production & true ZLD
Produce solids and continuously extract them with our patented low temperature seeded crystallization and solids extraction system. Our self-cleaning systems and full automation ensure reliability and low maintenance.
SaltMaker Evaporator Crystallizer features:
- Low temperature evaporation combined with crystallization
- Concentrate brine and produce solids
- We build-in 20% over capacity
- Energy use at over capacity: electrical 20 kWhe/m3 and thermal 860 MJ/m3 at 90°C per m3 freshwater produced
- Gas fired thermal source skids available in place of waste heat. Utilize landfill gas, natural gas, propane, etc.
- Highly modular design: ISO container blocks with refrigerator sized plug-in modules for evaporation, heat recovery, fan drive, and control
- No confined space maintenance
- Available site integration: civil, thermal, electrical
- Saltworks' 24/7 Remote Operations Control (ROC) proactive monitoring and remote control