Perform advanced separations.
Remove or concentrate ions of interest.
- Advanced processes utilizing ElectroChem and IonFlux membranes
- Recover value, meet discharge requirements, reuse freshwater
- Change water chemistry from scaling to non-scaling
- Improve performance of existing assets
- Target chloride removal for corrosion control
- Target nitrates for water quality and discharge
- Target sodium for agriculture or lithium for batteries
- We can develop a solution for your specific treatment challenge
Advanced separation processes to:
- Mine ions. Selectively recover and concentrate dissolved ions (elements) of interest.
- Permanently change water chemistry to non-scaling. Use our Salt Splitter to change low solubility multivalent anion-cation pairs into high solubility multi-monovalent pairs.
- Recycle antifreeze and glycol-water streams. Remove scaling compounds from previously difficult to treat glycol applications such as offshore hydrate inhibitors and antifreeze recycling.
- Increase yields. Remove specific "pollutant" ions that damage yield in mine metal leaching processes. Remove magnesium and calcium loading in lithium brines.
- Recover value. Remove nitrogen load, nitrates, or ammonia electrochemically and recover the output as a product of value.
View case studies from a selection of our past projects. Saltworks' technologies treat wastewaters to meet discharge requirements, reuse freshwater, and recover value. Our Salt Splitter hybridized with reverse osmosis (RO) to enable chemical-free high water recovery on a scaling brackish water source.