BrineRefine is a continuous stirred tank reactor (CSTR) that executes diverse chemical reactions efficiently and with precision.
Greenhouse & Vertical Farming
Water solutions for advanced agriculture
As demand for nutritious, high quality produce grows, large-scale, modernized, indoor agriculture is advancing to meet it. Most of the water used in advanced agricultural facilities can be recovered, re-enriched with nutrients, and reused. Saltworks can help to treat water for reuse, balancing nutrient content and pH, or treat for discharge.
Water & Advanced Agriculture
Facilities such as greenhouses and vertical farms use vastly lower quantities of land, chemicals, and water than traditional agriculture. With appropriate systems, most of the water involved can be reused.
However, as with all agriculture, a careful balance of pH, alkalinity, and nutrient content must be struck to maximize yields and qualities such as appearance and flavor. Not only that, but wastewater which cannot be reused may face strict requirements for discharge or disposal. Saltworks can help with these challenges and more.
Reuse: Smart, Automated & Efficient
Advanced agricultural facilities have substantially lower water demand than traditional agriculture because of reuse. But before water can be reused, it must be optimized so that yield and quality are kept to a high standard. We can help you to balance your recycled water for high performance, with automated, intelligent solutions:
- Treat wastewater to generate high-quality water for reuse, with a process economically optimized for your system.
- Measure ions in real-time with ScaleSense to optimize yields.
- Selectively remove dissolved solids & ions such as chlorides and sodium by employing FlexEDR monovalent selective electrodialysis.
- Manage levels of nutrients such as calcium, sulfate, magnesium, nitrogen (ammonia/ammonium), potassium, and boron
- Inject acid/base to balance pH and alkalinity.
Treatment & Discharge
When water needs to be disposed of or discharged, we help you to meet discharge limits and come to the most economic outcomes. Our solutions:
- Enable ion targeting: over 99% of agricultural wastewater is water, only a few pollutants prevent its re-use. We can help you target those pollutants.
- Achieve extreme reverse osmosis recoveries well beyond conventional with our XtremeRO product line
- Reduce brine volume, even to minimal liquid discharge (MLD) or zero liquid discharge (ZLD) with our SaltMaker family.
- Target contaminants such as heavy metals, scaling ions, & ammonia.
- Filter suspended solids & hydrocarbons with XtremeUF.
Contact us with your water chemistry, flow rates, and treatment goals for an options assessment today.
Our UHP RO minimizes brine from tough industrial wastewaters and delivers the highest freshwater recovery in the industry.
FlexEDR is a next-gen electrodialysis reversal (EDR) system for industrial wastewater desalination, solving scaling issues & boosting recovery.
Saltworks can help you with everything from desalination of groundwater to wastewater treatment for reuse or safe discharge.
Water is essential to food and beverage manufacturers. Whether you want to reach circular economy goals, or simply improve your bottom line, Saltworks can help. We have solutions for meeting discharge limits, recycling wastewater, and minimizing brine waste.
Reduce the ammonia in your wastewater while only treating as much as you need to. Saltworks can help you to remove ammonia load, to keep your discharge compliant or ease the burden on your downstream biological process.
Water consumption and wastewater disposal are critical concerns for modern breweries and distilleries, both large and small. Fortunately, there are cost-effective and resilient solutions available, promoting water reuse and allowing for safe wastewater disposal.