Lithium Brine Extraction Technologies & Approaches Download PDF 8 June, 2018 Takeaways: Brines from salars and salt lakes, as well as spodumene ores, are the primary source of lithium, while
Custom Engineered Solutions
Industrial Water Treatment
Saltworks helps clients with customized treatment processes. Our expert engineers innovate, design, and build plants of all kinds to meet our customers’ diverse needs. Need help with a unique or special project? Get in touch today for a project assessment.
Custom Engineered Solutions
Some water treatment projects present unique challenges and opportunities. These may include: recovering minerals or chemicals, concentrating unique solutions, changing chemistry, or making water for a new application.
Saltworks has strong capabilities in development, innovation, engineering, automation, and supply chain. We are pleased to make these services available to clients with unique projects seeking customized solutions. We will study your challenges and work with your team to rapidly develop a process plant suited for your project.
Leverage our strengths, knowhow, and innovation engine to benefit your project:
- Custom and innovative process engineering: including development of comprehensive mass and energy balance models
- Membrane separations: use our expertise in electrodialysis, reverse osmosis, and nanofiltration taken to the next level
- Chemical reactions: change water chemistry, selectively precipitate, build the compounds you seek
- Physical separation: beyond simple filtration, we know how to concentrate slurries and reliably extract solids
- Thermal evaporation: remove solvents, including water, through thermal separations with unique requirements
- Crystallization: create and continuously extract salt crystals, employing our robust crystallization systems.
What’s right for you?
We work together with you to develop the best process for your needs. We are technology agnostic because providing you with the right solution is what matters most.
We operate our own production facility with engineering and design at the same location. We can build and quality assure your plant under tight supervision. Given our experience treating the most challenging waters, we also know who supplies the most cost-effective sub-processes and process elements. After spending years automating our plants, we can help automate yours. We can vest this knowledge into your project.
Start an Assessment Today
Contact us with your challenge today. Our experts will assess your needs. If we can add value, then we will develop a solution that works for you. Our team is in high demand, if we can’t help you directly, then we’ll tell you. We usually approach new challenges in a staged fashion including:
- Process model and mass balance to assess expected performance and economics
- Bench or small pilot trials, often in manual mode to prove the concept, process model, and economics
- Pilot or demo plants to process the process at your site
- Full scale, cost-optimized and value-engineered plant delivery
Custom Engineered Solutions Related Products
The first evaporator-crystallizer with no atmospheric contact, important for water with volatile organics. Choose between no liquid water return or clean water that is safe for discharge.
Next-generation water-maker and brine-concentrator based on reverse osmosis that achieves extreme freshwater recoveries, enabling cost-effective brine management and treatment of challenging organic-laden waters including oil & gas produced waters.
BrineRefine Chemical Softening System
Smart, compact, modular chemical softening system that reduces costs with precision dosing and built-in solids management. Improves recovery and minimizes fouling risk with intelligent controls that communicate with downstream assets, like RO or evaporators.Learn More …
Custom Engineered Solutions Related Resources
First-Of-Its-Kind Coal FGD Wastewater Treatment Pilot Deployed March 12, 2019 Saltworks has shipped a novel Flex EDR system to the southern United States that will clean up coal fired power
Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) and Minimal Liquid Discharge (MLD) become Lower Cost through Reverse Osmosis Innovation
Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) and Minimal Liquid Discharge (MLD) become Lower Cost through Reverse Osmosis Innovation September 16, 2019 Saltworks is pleased to announce that recent advancements in reverse osmosis
New Membrane Brine Concentrator Capable of Ultra High Recovery, PFAS Treatment, and More! Dec 17, 2019 Saltworks has started commissioning what we believe is a first-of-its-kind plant, with much customer