BrineGo: Modular Membrane Concentrator
Modular membrane concentrator for ultra-high recovery and volume reduction
Achieve ultra-high recovery and volume reduction with BrineGo — a modular membrane concentrator (MMC). Overcome scaling limits and reduce wastewaters to their minimal possible volume with a complete system based around reverse osmosis technology. BrineGo plants are assembled from Saltworks standardized brine management blocks, custom arranged for your needs.
RO-Based Concentrator System
- Leverage standardized skids of 600 or 3,000 m3/day each, incorporating our BrineRefine scaling ion removal technology and XtremeRO ultra high recovery reverse osmosis systems.
- Achieve effective water management and brine volume reduction in a fully packaged plant.
- Start saving on operating costs today by reducing expensive off-site disposal volumes.
- Saltworks will provide you with a turnkey comprehensive system, optimized for your water and site.
Process Block Components
- The system is built from repeating units of five sub-systems (shown to the left), arranged in a treatment train defined by your project needs.
- Saltworks’ BrineRefine is packaged in 600 or 3,000 m3/day blocks to pre-condition the water for downstream RO.
- Two Saltworks’ XtremeRO models achieve the brine volume reduction:
- X-RO 1200: 1,200 psi (80 bar) – 80K mg/L TDS brine
- X-RO 1800: 1,800 psi (120 bar) – 130K mg/L TDS brine
- Our intelligent process engineering, ScaleSense real-time ion sensor, and total system controls tie the plant together for optimal operation.
- Run a free project assessment today or get into details with a starter package that includes real water testing and detailed plant package development.
BrineGo Related Products
BrineRefine Chemical Softening System
Smart, compact, modular chemical softening system that reduces costs with precision dosing and built-in solids management. Improves recovery and minimizes fouling risk with intelligent controls that communicate with downstream assets, like RO or evaporators.More …
SilicaSelect: Targeted Silica Extractor
SilicaSelect removes silica from wastewaters such as RO brine or cooling tower blowdown. Use SilicaSelect to improve RO recovery, increase cooling tower water cycles, or treat oil & gas produced waters.
Next-generation water-maker and brine-concentrator based on reverse osmosis that achieves extreme freshwater recoveries, enabling cost-effective brine management and treatment of challenging organic-laden waters including oil & gas produced waters.More …
An ultra-robust ceramic based ultrafilter that can remove suspended solids, oils, and grease from the most challenging slurries and impacted wastewaters. XtremeUF cleans itself as it operates, to ensure your membranes maintain performance.
BrineGo Related Resources
Treating RO brine should be approached from two directions. First, maximize the recovery of lower cost membrane systems to minimize the volume for later steps. Second, weigh brine disposal options against thermal treatment technology to determine whether you need to concentrate your brine or treat it down to solids.
With the advent of ultra-high-pressure reverse osmosis and the growing importance of brine management, modernized chemical softening systems can enable economic ultra-high recovery reverse osmosis, minimizing RO brine volume, disposal costs, and reliability risks.
RO recovery and RO brine concentration is limited by osmotic pressures or membrane scaling; both limits have been increased by new technology. A series of techniques described in this document can be used to delay or mitigate scale, but in many cases only chemical softening truly removes the risk.
New ultra-high pressure reverse osmosis technology for minimal liquid discharge (MLD) can reduce brine management costs by three times relative to evaporators. Modernized chemical softening technology is available to prevent scaling and enable recovery up to the osmotic pressure limit at 1,200 or 1,740 psi.