With the growing importance of brine management, modernized chemical softening systems can enable economic ultra-high recovery reverse osmosis, minimizing RO brine volume, disposal costs, and reliability risks.
BrineGo: Modular Membrane Concentrator
Modular membrane concentrator for ultra-high recovery and volume reduction
Achieve ultra-high recovery and volume reduction with BrineGo — a modular membrane concentrator (MMC). Overcome scaling limits and reduce wastewaters to their minimal possible volume with a complete system based around reverse osmosis technology. BrineGo plants are assembled from Saltworks’ standardized brine management blocks, custom arranged for your needs.
REVERSE OSMOSIS CONCENTRATORS
COST-EFFECTIVE BRINE MANAGEMENT
RO-Based Concentrator System
- Leverage standardized skids of 600 or 3,000 m3/day each, incorporating our BrineRefine scaling ion removal technology and XtremeRO ultra-high recovery reverse osmosis systems.
- Achieve effective water management and brine volume reduction in a fully packaged plant.
- Start saving on operating costs today by reducing expensive off-site disposal volumes.
- Saltworks will provide you with a turnkey comprehensive system, optimized for your water and site.
Process Block Components
- The system is built from repeating units of five sub-systems (shown to the left), arranged in a treatment train defined by your project needs.
- Saltworks’ BrineRefine is packaged in 600 or 3,000 m3/day blocks to pre-condition the water for downstream RO.
- Two Saltworks’ XtremeRO models achieve the brine volume reduction:
- XtremeRO 1200: 1,200 psi (80 bar) – 80K mg/L TDS brine
- XtremeRO 1800: 1,800 psi (120 bar) – 130K mg/L TDS brine
- Our intelligent process engineering, ScaleSense real-time ion sensor, and total system controls tie the plant together for optimal operation.
- Run a free project assessment today or get into details with a starter package that includes real water testing and detailed plant package development.
BrineGo Related Products
BrineRefine Chemical Softening System
XtremeRO/NF Brine Concentrator
XtremeUF Ceramic Ultrafiltration System
BrineGo Related Resources
RO recovery and RO brine concentration are limited by osmotic pressures or membrane scaling; both limits have been increased by new technologies. A series of techniques described here can be used to delay or mitigate scale, but in many cases only chemical softening truly removes risk.
New ultra-high pressure reverse osmosis technology for minimal liquid discharge (MLD) can reduce brine management costs by three times relative to evaporators. Modernized chemical softening technology is available to prevent scaling and enable recovery up to the osmotic pressure limit at 1,200 or 1,740 psi.
Reverse osmosis-based brine concentrators are reaching new performance levels not seen before. Saltworks is pleased to report that a substantial pilot plant is currently demonstrating 99% freshwater recovery on cooling tower blowdown (CTB).