XtremeRO Brine Concentrator
A next-generation water-maker and brine-concentrator based on reverse osmosis that achieves extreme freshwater recoveries, enabling cost-effective brine management and treatment of challenging organic laden waters including oil and gas produced waters.
Reverse Osmosis (RO) is the world’s most dominant desalination technology, and it should be considered in all projects where total dissolved solids (TDS) <80,000 mg/L. Recent technological improvements are enabling “Reverse Osmosis 2.0” and its application to ever more challenging waters, e.g. those laden with both scalants and organics such as oil and gas produced waters. Brine concentrations of up to 130,000 mg/L are now possible. Pilot test units are now available to demonstrate the second generation of the industry’s workhorse, at your site or ours.
Two Options, High Tolerance, Shrink Brine
- XtremeRO 1200: a 1,200 psi (80 bar) reverse osmosis brine concentrator, capable of achieving 80,000 mg/L brine concentration and treating waters with high organics or scalents when partnered with our BrineRefine pre-conditioning technology, advanced RO process controls that keep the plant clean, and our world leading RO membrane partners’ advanced membrane coatings.
- XtremeRO 1800: operates at 1,800 psi (120 bar) to achieve brine concentrations up to 130,000 mg/L, with the same advanced technology as above.
- Reduce Disposal Costs: By producing less brine waste with this system, send less brine to your evaporator, deep wells, evaporation ponds and trucks.
Remove Scale Risk & Manage Organics
- Remove the Root Cause of Scale: After maximizing primary RO recovery, we place our automated chemical softening system, BrineRefine, upstream of a secondary RO to remove ions that cause scale and cost-optimize downstream processing.
- Manage Organics: technology advancements are enabling RO market penetration into higher organic waters such as landfill leachate, and oil & gas produced waters. BrineRefine removes large organics, XtremeRO keeps soluble organics from damaging the membrane, and our partners’ advanced membranes prevent organic damage.
- Integrated Automation: Built-in intelligence continuously adjusts operation to prevent scale formation and ensure peak performance, while also communicating between upstream and downstream treatment assets to deliver value to your entire treatment train.
- Packaged System: Available in modular skids that can be added as your needs change. The skids are built from off-the-shelf components and fully factory tested.
- Two Models: Choose from 1200 psi conventional RO and our new 1800 psi ultra-high pressure reverse osmosis systems designed to run at high recoveries while preventing fouling.
- Open Source: We share our advanced RO mechanical and process design with customers and vendors, so that you can build XtremeRO and BrineRefine into any application.
Looking for more in-depth knowledge about scaling or reverse osmosis?
Read our blog about RO & Evaporator Scale Control.