Excessive phenolic compounds are harmful to human health and the environment. Chlorophenols, by-products of chlorinating phenol-containing water, are carcinogens. A treatment system needs to be chosen and engineered carefully, with consideration of specific wastewater chemistry, operating conditions, and economics.
Solutions for complex medical device manufacturing wastewaters
Medical Device Wastewater
As medical devices become more complex and diverse, so does their manufacturing. Water is essential for rinsing and other processes and controlling contamination is critical.
Manufacturers may need to expand production without exceeding discharge limits or water consumption thresholds, or may need to reduce waste disposal costs.
Saltworks can help you treat wastewater components-of-concern such as solvents, ammonia, formic acid, halides, metals, oils & grease, chemical oxygen demand (COD), total suspended solids (TSS), and total dissolved solids (TDS).
Saltworks’ product line can treat for a wide range of organic and inorganic contaminants, selectively target metals and ions for removal, and reduce discharge volumes. We can also develop a custom process for your specific application. Some examples of how we can help:
- Reduce particulate and suspended solids with our robust, low footprint XtremeUF ceramic ultrafiltration system
- Target metals and ions for removal using one of our IonSelect solutions
- Reduce brine volume and recover more water with our advanced XtremeRO and SaltMaker systems
- Remove specific organic solvents with XtremeRO
- Support biological ammonia treatments such as membrane bioreactors (MBRs) and optimizing stripper scrubbers
Meeting Your Project Needs
Whether your goal is meeting discharge limits, lowering raw water consumption, or reducing waste disposal costs, Saltworks can provide a cost-effective and reliable solution to manage your unique medical device wastewater.
We will review your water chemistry and specific project requirements, provide a comprehensive options analysis, and develop a treatment process for your specific application. Contact us for project reviews, pilot testing, and full-scale systems.