Flue Gas Desulfurization Wastewater Treatment
Treat flue gas desulfurization (FGD) wastewater at a lower cost with mEDR chloride removal.
Flex EDR Selective removes chlorides providing a simple, high recovery and robust solution without complex pre-treatment.
FGD wastewater is blown down because chlorides accumulate, reducing stack sulfur absorption and causing corrosion. Selectively remove chlorides and recycle a sulfate rich, chloride weak, treated water back to the FGD process. Recycling reduces waste.
- Internal recycling or treatment for discharge to meet US and Chinese Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) discharge limits
- Up to 90% recovery with a low-cost fouling resistant membrane system
- Zero liquid discharge brine management options with a low energy thermal crystallizer
- Eliminate chemical soda ash softening, reduce costs
- Recycle water rather than treat and discharge
- Selectively remove chlorides to minimize your waste production
- Employ robust organic and fouling tolerant Ionflux ion exchange membranes in place of sensitive RO membranes
- Achieve lower costs and extreme recoveries
- Simple, safe, modular
- Reduce chemicals added and waste generated
- Mobile pilot plants available
- Selectively extract chlorides, without expensive calcium removal via soda ash softening
- Recycle the treated water, reducing waste and costs
- Output brines are non-scaling for ease of downstream brine management
- Technology advancements in reverse osmosis are enabling its second generation application to challenging waters.
- XtremeRO enables this second generation with: scale and organic management, new membrane products, and advanced process controls that can treat organic laden waters and concentrate brines up to 130,000 mg/L.
Looking for more in-depth knowledge about flue gas desulfurization treatment options?
Read our blog on Improving FGD Economics Through Chloride Removal.