Permanently change water chemistry
Ion exchange membrane process that splits divalent cations from divalent anions, eliminating scaling potential. For example, Calcium Sulphate (CaSO4) is split into non-scaling CaCl2 and Na2SO4. Split fluids are kept separate, enabling extreme recoveries even on scale saturated waters.
Advanced electrodialysis & RO hybrid systems
Our monovalent selective IonFlux ion exchange membranes are embedded into hybrid processes with reverse osmosis, including EDM options licensed from ZDD, Inc. Overcome scaling limits and achieve extreme freshwater recoveries.
Low volume, highly soluble brines
Salt Splitter produces two highly soluble, low volume brines for ease of downstream brine management. Keeping the brines separate prevents precipitation. The two brines can be treated and kept separate within a single SaltMaker Evaporator Crystallizer for true ZLD.
Modular and scalable
Built from Saltworks’ ElectroChem system, utilizing the same stack, automation, and controls. Only the membranes and process arrangement are different. ElectroChem systems are highly modular based on standardized skids and readily containerized for fast dispatch and remote operation.
Salt Splitter features:
- Permanently changes water chemistry from scaling to non-scaling
- No chemical soda ash softening
- Extreme brine concentrations previously unattainable
- Intelligent electrode protection blocks calcium fouling, removing the need to acid dose electrolytes or replace electrodes
- Robust design and resilient IonFlux Ion Exchange Membrane
- Treat highly scaling waters including produced waters with hydrocarbons (up to C10)
- Modular skids for ease of expansion and maintenance
- Positive seal stack ensures reliable leak free operation
- Corrosion resistant engineered plastic instrumentation and process wetted components
- Automated controls and intelligent self-cleaning
- Available pre-treatment, post-treatment, chemical dosing, and pH control packages
- Available containerization
- Saltworks' 24/7 Remote Operations Control (ROC) proactive monitoring and remote control