Electrodialysis Reversal Systems
Flex EDR is an advanced electrodialysis reversal (EDR) system, leveraging our next generation ion exchange membranes. It requires less pre-treatment, tolerates oils and organics, selectively removes ions and uses fewer chemicals.
Built For the Most Rugged Applications
- Built with our robust, highly ductile IonFlux ion exchange membranes.
- Intelligent automation self-cleans and maintains peak performance.
- Modular skids for easy deployment and project integration.
- Less pre-treatment: operate with oils, organics, particles < 20 μm
- No chemical softening: patented electrode protection blocks hardness out of EDR electrolyte, so you do not need to remove it before treatment.
- Treat oily wastewaters that swell conventional membranes with our next-generation IonFlux membranes.
- Reduce the need for complex pre-treatment when you only need to remove salt.
- Remove more oil and lower consumption of polymers in enhanced oil recovery (EOR) by desalinating produced water.
- Conventional EDR pulls all ions across ion exchange membranes under an electric field, without membrane pressure differential.
- Remove specific ions using state-of-the-art ion exchange membranes with 98% monovalent ionic selectivity (i.e. remove lithium, separate chlorides from sulfates).
- Change brine chemistry without softening to reach the full potential of your RO system and wring out even more freshwater for beneficial reuse.
- Concentrate brine to low volumes with membranes – territory previously reserved for evaporative systems.
Looking for more in-depth knowledge on Electrodialysis Reversal?
Learn exactly what this technology is and its new innovations.