Electrodialysis Reversal System
Remove Salt in the Presence of Harsh Organics
Treat oily wastewaters that swell conventional membranes with our IonFlux membranes that are engineered to remain resilient.
Reduce the need for complex pre-treatment when you only need to remove salt.
Desalinate Challenging or Produced Water for Low Salinity Reuse
- Desalt high organic wastewaters not suitable for reverse osmosis – leave the organics in, take the salt out.
- Tune your treated water to the salinity that delivers optimal performance and economics: take out the right level of salt, or customize chemistry where it matters such as enhanced oil recovery (EOR) water flooding
Slash Your Chemical EOR Polymer Costs
- Save substantially on polymer costs by desalting produced water as your make-up water.
- Reduce your disposal costs and make-up water by economically desalinating produced water for reinjection at lower salinities.
- Reuse some polymers in produced water by desalinating with FlexEDR Organix.
FlexEDR Organix Related Resources
As regulations on FGD wastewater tighten, additional treatment is required. Often, this is chemically intense, and high cost. The best means to lower treatment costs is to reduce the volume of wastewater generated, usually by increasing internal recycle.
Saltworks has shipped a novel FlexEDR system to the southern United States that will clean up coal fired power wastewater. Flue gas desulfurization (FGD) wastewater is a byproduct of sulfur scrubbers, installed to prevent acid rain from coal plants.
Saltworks is honoured to receive POWER Magazine’s 2020 Water Award for our ground-breaking ‘chloride kidney’ industrial desalination solution.