Flex EDR Selective
Electrodialysis Reversal System
Ion Removal with Next Generation Selectivity
- Rely on the 98% monovalent ionic selectivity of our IonFlux ion exchange membranes. Move only monovalent ions across the membrane under EDR’s electric field (see video below).
- Tune Flex EDR Selective to different configurations based on the ionic separation you want to achieve.
Selective Salt Extraction
- Extract chlorides from circulating water to enable greater internal recycling or reduce corrosion.
- Refine sodium chloride from complex saline streams.
- Reliably remove lithium salts to improve your brine mining process.
Concentrate Higher Without Worrying About Scale
Permanently change scaling water chemistry to non-scaling for easy water treatment.
Using a low cost membrane system, achieve the same low volume brines produced by expensive thermal evaporation systems.
Reduce brine volumes for a lower cost treatment train.
Recycle the Fertilizer in Your Water
Recycle your agricultural runoff water by removing the sodium chloride and lowering the SAR.
- Save on fertilizer costs by reusing the essential nutrients in the runoff, such as calcium, phosphates and ammonia.
Flex EDR Selective Related Resources
As regulations on FGD wastewater tighten, additional treatment is required. Often, this is chemically intense, and high cost. The best means to lower treatment costs is to reduce the volume of wastewater generated, usually by increasing internal recycle.
Saltworks has shipped a novel Flex EDR system to the southern United States that will clean up coal fired power wastewater. Flue gas desulfurization (FGD) wastewater is a byproduct of sulfur scrubbers, installed to prevent acid rain from coal plants.
Saltworks is honoured to receive POWER Magazine’s 2020 Water Award for our ground-breaking ‘chloride kidney’ industrial desalination solution.