RO Brine Treatment: Why Maximizing Reverse Osmosis Recovery Matters Download PDF 27 June, 2018 Treating RO brine should be approached from two directions. First, maximize the recovery of lower cost membrane
High Recovery Treatment Solutions
Wastewater Reuse Solutions
Applying targeted treatment to enable wastewater reuse can substantially lower freshwater procurement costs, while improving sustainability of operations. Harvesting valuable reagents, metals, nutrients, and more from spent wastewater can also add a lot of value for some industries.
Wastewater reuse considerations start with chemistry, permits, and an applicable technology review. It may be that only one or two constituents-of-concern prevent re-use, and that by targeting their removal, massive volumes of water can be recycled. In other cases, you may require extremely clean freshwater with minimized brine residual by-products.
Wastewater treatment solutions for re-use may involve some of the following options:
- Target contaminants of concern with our IonSelect solutions: remove specific ions, metals and others for optimal water reuse. Keep costs low by not treating the entire flow.
- Remove scaling ions with BrineRefine: our automated chemical softening system can selectively remove scaling species such as calcium, sulfate and silica. For example, it can enable greater recycling in cooling towers, limiting freshwater consumption and blowdown volumes generated.
- Concentrate and make freshwater with XtremeRO: our next generation reverse osmosis systems can produce freshwater, and a low volume brine.
- Selectively remove chlorides with FlexEDR: our monovalent ion extraction system, which can function as a “chloride kidney” removing chlorides from your wastewater.
- Achieve MLD/ZLD with SaltMaker: our advanced evaporator crystallizers reach maximum water recovery with minimum brine or solid waste.
Contact us to learn more about the right wastewater reuse strategy for your process.
Wastewater Reuse Related Products
BrineRefine Chemical Softening System
Smart, compact, modular chemical softening system that reduces costs with precision dosing and built-in solids management. Improves recovery and minimizes fouling risk with intelligent controls that communicate with downstream assets, like RO or evaporators.Learn More …
Next-generation water-maker and brine-concentrator based on reverse osmosis that achieves extreme freshwater recoveries, enabling cost-effective brine management and treatment of challenging organic-laden waters including oil & gas produced waters.
Flex EDR is an advanced electrodialysis reversal (EDR) system, leveraging our next generation ion exchange membranes. It requires less pre-treatment, tolerates oils and organics, selectively removes ions and uses fewer chemicals.
Wastewater Reuse Related Resources
Reverse Osmosis Brine Treatment: Tech Advancements to Minimize Volume & Cost Download PDF 8 January, 2019 Key Takeaways: Reverse Osmosis is considered the workhorse of desalination. Applied correctly, Reverse Osmosis
Achieving 70x Cooling Tower Blowdown Volume Reduction 13 September 2019 Key Takeaways: Recent RO improvements enable extreme recoveries of up to 99% for treating cooling tower blowdown (CTBD) for minimal
Fluoride Removal from Industrial Wastewater Using Advanced Chemical Precipitation and Filtration 3 December 2019 Key Takeaways: Microelectronics production generates wastewater with elevated levels of fluoride often requiring treatment before