Heavy industry, manufacturing, and natural resource-based industries often use large volumes of water and generate wastewaters requiring treatment. Saltworks designs, builds, and operates industrial wastewater treatment plants with modern membrane, chemical, and thermal technologies that economically and reliably treat tough industrial wastewaters.
BrineRefine Chemical Softening System
Chemical softening for scaling ion removal
BrineRefine is a smart, compact, and modular chemical softening system. It reduces chemical softening costs with precision dosing and a simple solids management system. Improve your recovery and minimize fouling risk with BrineRefine’s intelligent controls that communicate with downstream assets, like RO or evaporators.
INTEGRATED SOLIDS MANAGEMENT
Chemical Softening Re-Invented
- Designed with modularity, automation, and simple solids management to avoid flocculation and large clarifiers.
- Optimizes the entire treatment train for maximum performance by absorbing variability in water chemistry and communicating with downstream reverse osmosis assets.
- No use of coagulants or flocculants.
- Modular, factory-built ISO container skids with built-in redundancy and expansion capability.
Maximize Water Recovery from Your RO System
- Entirely removes RO membrane fouling risk associated with aluminium gels from chemical softening agents.
- Communicates with the downstream RO system to optimize performance and manage risk by avoiding costly membrane scaling.
- Integrates with our XtremeRO technology to reduce brine volumes by 50% and achieve brine concentrations of up to 130,000 mg/L TDS. This is half the brine volume of a conventional RO system.
Decrease Your Membrane Treatment Costs
- Absorb variability in inlet water chemistry by intelligent automation to keep you on specification.
- Avoid expensive and imprecise manual chemical dosing by relying on our intelligent controls and precise dosing system.
- Reduce the need for operator intervention, maintenance, and monitoring.
- One step, simple solids management system. No floc, no fuss, and no large footprint clarifiers.
BrineRefine Related Resources
With the growing importance of brine management, modernized chemical softening systems can enable economic ultra-high recovery reverse osmosis, minimizing RO brine volume, disposal costs, and reliability risks.
Treating RO brine should be approached from two directions. First, maximize the recovery of lower cost membrane systems to minimize the volume for later steps. Second, weigh brine disposal options against thermal treatment technology to determine whether you need to concentrate your brine or treat it down to solids.
Scale is a crust that forms on membranes, heat transfer surfaces, and on the inside of pipes as salts precipitate out of solution. It blocks flow, disrupts heat transfer, and increases energy requirements for water treatment systems