The many options for managing brine, a term for saline wastewater from industrial processes, fall under two categories: brine treatment and brine disposal. Brine treatment involves desalinating the brine for reuse and producing a concentrated brine (lower liquid waste volume), or residual solids (zero liquid discharge).
Thermal evaporator crystallizer, 4 effects
Versatile Brine Concentrator or ZLD Crystallizer
- Multiple operating modes: run the SaltMaker MultiEffect as an evaporator to reduce the volume of liquid waste or as a crystallizer to produce dry solid waste
- Achieve zero liquid discharge with the toughest wastewater and meet discharge requirements
- Concentrate your brine as much as 10x to reach extremely low volumes
Crystallizer Reliability Re-Engineered
- Intelligent automated self-cleaning, auto start/stop/ramp
- Non-corroding engineered composite construction
- Safety by design: no confined spaces, low temperature, low pressure
Modular Wastewater Treatment Plant Design
- Built to ISO container dimensions for rapid transport and assembly
- Choose from various plant block sizes to fit your flow rate
- Slide modules in and out for inspections and maintenance
- Expand later by adding plant blocks to increase capacity
SaltMaker MultiEffect Applications
SaltMaker MultiEffect Related Resources
The SaltMaker MultiEffect evaporator crystallizer is a one-step brine treatment plant for volume minimization and zero liquid discharge (ZLD) applications. Its unique evaporative crystallizer design is built to treat the toughest waters and to simplify your brine treatment project.
Before investing in an industrial evaporator for your water treatment applications, lower your risks by asking any vendor the following five questions that cover key topics such as brine disposal, scale prevention, and cost of ownership.