The many options for managing brine, a term for saline wastewater from industrial processes, fall under two categories: brine treatment and brine disposal. Brine treatment involves desalinating the brine for reuse and producing a concentrated brine (lower liquid waste volume), or residual solids (zero liquid discharge).
Thermal evaporator crystallizer, 4 effects
Modern, modular, and intelligently automated evaporator-crystallizer that concentrates brine or produces low volume solids for zero liquid discharge.
Versatile Brine Concentrator or ZLD Crystallizer
- Multiple operating modes: run the SaltMaker MultiEffect as an evaporator to reduce the volume of liquid waste or as a crystallizer to produce dry solid waste.
- Achieve zero liquid discharge from the toughest wastewater and meet discharge requirements.
- Concentrate your brine as much as 10x to reach extremely low volumes.
Crystallizer Reliability Re-Engineered
- Intelligent automated self-cleaning, auto start/stop/ramp.
- Non-corroding engineered composite construction.
- Safety by design: no confined spaces, low temperature, low pressure.
Modular Wastewater Treatment Plant Design
- Built to ISO container dimensions for rapid transport and on-site assembly.
- Slide modules in and out for inspection and maintenance.
- Expand later by adding plant blocks to increase capacity.
- Recycles thermal energy through each of its multiple effects to slash energy costs.
- Use waste heat exhausted from current operations.
- Low operating temperature (<90°C, 194°F).
To learn more about what the SaltMaker MultiEffect can do for your project, get in touch with our experts.
The SaltMaker MultiEffect evaporator crystallizer is a one-step brine treatment plant for volume minimization and zero liquid discharge (ZLD) applications. Its unique evaporative crystallizer design is built to treat the toughest waters and to simplify your brine treatment project.
Before investing in an industrial evaporator for your water treatment applications, lower your risks by asking any vendor the following five questions that cover key topics such as brine disposal, scale prevention, and cost of ownership.
A low-cost and air-safe evaporator crystallizer has been developed: the SaltMaker AirBreather. It is based on the robust backbone of Saltworks’ SaltMaker Family.